Tuesday, September 11, 2007

From Wilson to Babolat ...

Truthfully, I have never imagined myself switching allegiance from Wilson to Babolat. I have been using Wilson racquets since I can remember. Anyway, I don’t think brand loyalty is top of my agenda at the moment, so as long as other products can offer equally good service or if not better, I will not think twice to change. So, that was the case with my racquet.

Initially I thought of buying the Federer’s racquet, but after some thinking plus consultations from fellow chaplesses, probably it is not such a good idea to buy that Wilson K Factor KSix-One Tour 90 because the racquet is too demanding from a somewhat chapless player like me. Probably, it was the right decision since the review on the racquet mentioned that this racquet is good for 5+ player (which I don’t really know where am I based on the rating, and how they do the rating anyway). Well, 320 grams is a pretty heavy racquet anyway.

So, I ended buying Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex Racquets which is beautiful in design and a pretty compromise weight for me (300 grams). On the performance wise, I do believe this racquet is the best racquet I have ever used. It offers more solid feel of contact from the baseline and the perasan feeling of getting better at hitting the ball was there, so what the heck!

Head Size :100 sq. in./645 sq. cm
Length : 27 inches/69 cm
Strung Weight : 320 gram
Balance : 5 pts head light
Swing weight : 324
Composition : High Modulus Graphite
String Pattern : 16 Mains/19 Crosses
String Tension : 55 - 65

No comments: